Saturday, March 08, 2014

Love that cannot be cut...




My baby daughter, when you point to your belly button and ask "what's this" with a grin on your face, my mouth says "belly button," but my heart says:

This is the mark on your body that connects me to you. It doesn't fade with age. It will always be there to remind you that my lifeblood is your lifeblood. You are a part of me; you grew with me, you ate with me, you cried with me. I knew you before I met you, I loved you before I knew you.

So when you look down at your belly button, know that although you are out it the world now, roaming, learning, laughing, being…
you are still from me, you are still within me. An umbilical cord no longer connects our bodies, but a love that cannot be cut will always connect our hearts.
~Asma Hussein

"And We have enjoined upon man [care] for his parents. His mother carried him, [increasing her] in weakness upon weakness, and his weaning is in two years. Be grateful to Me and to your parents; to Me is the [final] destination" (31:14).

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...